The WLYSA Executive Committee would like to welcome you to another exciting season of youth soccer.
To ensure our kids have a successful season please be sure to…
• Ensure your child is not left unsupervised at the field at any time. Coaches are focused on teaching the children soccer.
• Ensure your child is picked up immediately after practice and games
• Players must wear shin guards, socks that cover the guards, and shorts to all games and practices. T-shirts will be provided when games begin.
• Ensure players have adequate water in hot weather and sunscreen
• Read BC Soccer Fair Play Code for Parents and Expectations for Parents
• Refrain from use of all tobacco products. The use of tobacco is strictly prohibited on all School District 27 grounds.
Three different schedules will be posted to the WLYSA website http://wlysa.com/schedules before or during the season…
• Early Season Practice Schedule: Posted at the beginning of the season
• Full Season Game Schedule: Posted in the first 2 weeks of the season
• Jamboree Round-Up Schedule: Posted in the last 2 weeks of the regular season
Important Dates to Remember
Team Photographs – In May (dates to be announced)
Mini Soccer Wind-up (Jamboree) – TBD
We hope that our players, volunteers and parents have an enjoyable season. When you see a volunteer giving their time for our kids, please take a moment to say “Thanks!”, as there would not be an association without all of them!
House (Recreational) Soccer Philosophy
- ALL players should have equal playing time and must play half of every game.
- ALL players should have the opportunity to play all positions.
- ALL players should be able to develop and maintain self-esteem.
- ALL players should be able to develop playing skills and teamwork.
- It is important that the children are provided with a supportive, non-critical environment.
BC SOCCER FAIR PLAY CODE FOR PARENTS
1. I will not force my child to participate in sports.
2. I will remember that my child plays sports for his or her enjoyment, not for mine.
3. I will encourage my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
4. I will teach my child that doing one’s best is as important as winning, so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of a game/event.
5. I will make my child feel like a winner every time by offering praise for competing fairly and trying hard.
6. I will never ridicule or yell at my child for making a mistake or for losing a competition.
7. I will remember that children learn best by example. I will applaud good plays/performances by both my child’s team and their opponents.
8. I will never question the official’s judgement or honesty in public.
9. I will support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from my children’s sporting events.
10. I will respect and show appreciation for volunteer coaches who give their time to provide sports activities for my child